Leigh Ann Pawliuk
A recent graduate of the New Media Design and Web Development Program at BCIT, my technical skills in terms of both print and web production are up-to-date. The program covered design principles, information architecture, project management, programming and using video and special effects.
I worked for Busby + Associates Architects as a Graphic Designer before attending university in 2002, and obtaining a Fine Arts Degree in Studio Arts/Art History. During my time at university, I expanded my knowledge into the areas of web design, flash animation and video production by incorporating them into my projects, and maintaining several student-run group websites.
I have a talent for integrating different software packages and bringing elements from different sources together successfully. I am also able to visualize a design project in its entirety, while understanding all the steps and pieces that must be completed and fit together. I enjoy using technology to combine images, colour, typography, sound and movement to convey a message through a design piece.
• Design Skills – 3 years experience designing promotional materials and websites, backed by education in Multimedia, Graphic Design and the Arts.
• Technical Skills – intermediate user of the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Dreamweaver, and proficient user of HTML/CSS, Final Cut Pro and After Effects.
• Analytical & Troubleshooting Skills – ability to handle any challenge by assessing the situation, coming up with solutions and analyzing which would be the best one.
• Communications Skills – over 5 years experience in coordinator-type positions where both written and verbal communication skills were essential.
• Time Management Skills – have worked in many positions where it has been imperative to multi-task and manage several deadlines at once.
Click here to view as PDF.